Monday, November 2, 2009

Full Moon Fever!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all happy and healthy today. Did you all see the full moon tonight? Soooo neat!

Did you know that we get to see a full moon every 28 days? That's how long it takes for the moon to travel around the Earth. So, at least once a month we get to see a big round silver (and sometimes golden) disk in the sky.

Did you know that the ocean tides of the world are influenced by the moon? It's true! The moon is big enough and close enough to our planet that its gravitational pull actually affects the oceans! Lakes and rivers are not affected by the moon; they're too small.

Look at the picture above... can you see the "man" in the moon? I'm not sure if I can... how about in THIS picture


I think I can see it better in this one.

Anyway, I had better say ni night. Time for Dads to sleeeeeeeeeep!

God bless you all.

Love,

Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment